Why dress up as a boring superhero when you can be a red grasshopper? I realized afterward that putting together a Chapulín Colorado costume may not be as low budget or low effort as some of the other suggestions. Who actually has red tights lying around? Also, I realized that if LA stays as warm as it’s been for the Halloween parties this weekend and Halloween next week, it might be too warm to dress up as el Chapulín Colorado.
- Red hoodie sweater (optional: a Chapulín Colorado t-shirt, but you still need to cover your arms)
- Some yellow fabric (felt would work) to make the heart and CH emblem
- Bright yellow shorts
- Red opaque tights
- Antenitas de vinil, or red antennae with a yellow and red ball on the end (I found a pair at the 99 cents store, but they fit tight since they’re made for kids)
- Red and yellow sneakers (like these)
- El chipote chillón (the red and yellow hammer)
- Steady stream of famous phrases
Since I already have the antennae, shirt, and shoes, I think I’m gonna dress up next Wednesday as el Chapulín Colorado (or la Chapulina Colorada?) in disguise, kinda like guys who wear Superman shirts under their suits and go as Clark Kent. I have another costume I’m working on, but I wouldn’t wear it to school/work.